cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was going to buy a Pixma Pro-100 but scared off after Pixma MP-560 died

broadws
Apprentice

MP560 was working fine, then half way through a print it was like someone turned out the lights. Tested power supply with a multimeter and it is working fine, so I think it is main board level issue. This printer is not that old and was working great. There was no power spike. Paper was half way in and then it just died. Tried all the suggested restart ideas. 

Just afraid to spend another $350 for a printer that could fail the same way. After reading the community boards I have read that Canon is having FIT rate (failures in time) problems with a lot of their printers and class action suits are in the works.

If anyone has a Pixma Pro 100 just die and stop turning on, it would be interesting to know.

2 REPLIES 2

jomah
Apprentice
My Pixma pro-100 died about 3 months ago and I am still trying to fix it. It's about 2 years old. I have owned several Canon printers over the past 20 years and this is the first one that has had a problem. With that said, as far as my current problem goes, Canon support has been less than stellar to say the least.

We all want things to work and get annoyed when they don’t. My Pro-100 works fine; I have no problems. But if I did I would get a new one when sales are on (like now). You get a full set of ink and a new print head for less than the cost of them as supplies. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements