cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS recommended for PRO-1000?

DDA40X
Contributor

The location where I'm setting up a PRO-1000 printer makes it impractical to use the PC's UPS. My power seldom fails and the chances of a power failure during printing is highly unlikely.

What are the disadvantages if power is interrupted to the printer, both during standby and during a print job? If all that's lost is a sheet of paper then the cost of a UPS may not be justified. The printer will have its own surge protector.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DDA40X,

When the power is lost to the printer, the printer will perform a cleaning operation the next time it begins a print job.  So there will be ink usage in addition to the loss of the paper from the original print job when the power was lost.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DDA40X,

When the power is lost to the printer, the printer will perform a cleaning operation the next time it begins a print job.  So there will be ink usage in addition to the loss of the paper from the original print job when the power was lost.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply. Are those the only two disadvantages or are there others I should consider?

Hi DDA40X,

For a simple power loss, those are the only known issues.  Power surges can have unpredictable effects, even with a surge protector.  These issues are covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Announcements