cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off the Printers color management function for the Pro-100

Monzi
Apprentice

I've tried everything to get this printer to print realistic colors.  I had the Pro-9000 MK II and it was spot on.  I'm running Mac OS 10.9.1 and downloaded all the current drivers for the Pro-100.  The colors are way off.  I am using Print Studio Pro, Under color management I'm selecting the ICC profile for the paper being used, the printer profile was downloaded from Canon's web site and that's selected the same paper type.  Color matching is grayed out.  

My monitor has been calibrated so I know that's not the issue.  Especially since the Pro-9000 was right on the mark.  Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Rob 

Mesa, AZ

5 REPLIES 5

Tinman
Enthusiast

Rob:

“I am using Print Studio Pro, under color management I'm selecting the ICC profile for the paper being used, the printer profile was downloaded from Canon's web site and that's selected the same paper type.  Color matching is grayed out.”

I use the same setup as you and I print with, Print Studio Pro and LR4. My monitor is not calibrated. I only use Canon ink and Canon paper and the corresponding ICC profiles. My color output is exceptional. Black & white is good but not exceptional.

When I purchased this printer (a couple of months ago) I just followed the installation instructions and it worked great (for color prints) right out of the box. You may want to try a reinstall to see if that solves the issue. The Pro-100 is a very good printer.

Tinman

Mesa, AZ

Nikon D600; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G, 85mm f/1.8G, 70-300mmG f/4.5 - 5.6 VR

Thanks, and so close by.  I'll give it a whirl.

Rob

Obviously, you need to ascertain if the printer is at fault and or not working correctly.

Try printing a color chart. You should be able to tell if it is the printer or some settings you have messed with. Make sure you have everything set back to factory defaults. No "tweaks" you may have decided it needs.

You do know, it is not possible to match ever single color. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Canon sent me a photo to print and compair it to the monitor version and it's pretty far off, a lot darker and the colors are off.  

I do realize the limitations of printers, been doing this for a pretty long time, you would think I could get it set up correctly but I don't change out printers often, thank god.

The issue is I have a print that i took to the Image show and had Canon print it on one of the Pro-1 printers.  I then used the exact same image and printed it off on my Pro 9000 MK II and it was so close in tonal range and colors it was hard to tell a difference.  I then took the very same image and printed it on the new Pro-100 printer and it's so far off it's ugly.  Heavy magenta cast, blues didn't come out at all and the image was significantly darker....

Waiting on Canon to come back with some more sggestions.

There must be a issue with that printer. I have a Pro-100 and a 9500 II and although the prints are not exactly identical, they are both very good. 

For whatever reason, Canon printers seem to have a warm ( reddish) bias to them. Very difficult, next to impossible to remove. I suppose Canon engineers prefer the reddish bias. But it make great portraits and wedding prints. My main most concern.

I can not stress three things strong enough. One the contrast of the monitor. Second the brightness. And third the grayscale.

If any of these are off, the print will not happen. No need for a calibration gadget. Just get these right and all will be well.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements