cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaks on overspray sponge on new printer

Rix
Apprentice

Hi.

Just had a new Pixma Pro 100s and done several prints on it (all with a border). I've done about 8 prints so far. Output is great.

I noticed today there are ink stripes on the overspray sponge on the bottom of the printer (8 black stripes altogether running front to back across the sponge). The stripes appear to be mirrored, 4 on the left, 4 on the right, as if it was overspray from printing off the edges of the paper. However, I have done no borderless prints at all.

Is it normal to have stripes on the sponge even if I haven't done any borderless prints at all? I can't be sure if the stripes were there from new.

Does the printer spray stripes on the sponge during cleaning or installing cartridges? Or are there stripes on the sponge even in brand new machines, perhaps as part of testing?

Thanks for any help.

Ric

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Ink may end up on the absorption pads as a result of automatic cleaning processes.

If you have any additional questions regarding the functions of the printer, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements