cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starts then starts and stops due to not being connected

Susirich
Contributor
Help please! My Canon PIXMA pro 100 is connected via USB cable to my MacBook. The printer shows up on the computer, without a problem. When I send something to print it will start off all right, it will pull the paper down, start printing one line or two, and then an message appears saying that the printer is not connected. I am using a brand-new USB cable.
7 REPLIES 7

Jason
Whiz

Hi, Susirich!

Which version of the Mac OS are you running? You can verify by clicking on the Apple sign in the top-left corner and choosing 'About this Mac.'

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Susirich
Contributor
Sierra 10.12.4

Susirich
Contributor
I tried the support email address above. It got me to a form which I filled out, but the submit button doesn't work.

Have you downloaded and installed latest Canon driver from Canon site?

If you go into System Preferences->Printers and Scanners what version of printer do you see- Bonjour or Pro-100 series. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Susirich
Contributor
Yes, have. And I've tried both USB ports, as well as another laptop. Plus a couple of USB different cables. Sometimes it will print a simple Word doc, but mostly it will fail.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Susirich
Contributor
Thank you for everyone's input. Canon deemed the unit defective and will send me a replacement printer.
Announcements