cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sierra breaks IPF8000 printing

markart
Contributor

After installing Mac OS 10.12 Sierra my IPF8000 no longer prints. I installed the driver using the method that worked fine with El Capitan and was able to add the printer in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. The ImagePROGRAF Printmonitor opens as it should and the image file is listed but the message in the printmonitor window says "Printer not connected." Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a work-around? Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our phone support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group on Monday using the information in the "Contact Us" link below..

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I called the Canon support group this morning as suggested. The person I talked with was no help at all. Previously someone at Canon had given me a work-around but this person merely quoted the listed operating systems that were "compatible". I understand that Canon cannot be expected to support printers forever, but I suspect the fix for Sierra would not be difficult. Does anyoone know of a hack or third-party driver to the ipf8000?

Hi, I'm getting the Garo error and the printer has now just stopped working. Any developments for you?

No, I'm afraid not. The Canon tech I talked with was inexperienced with no real-world history with the equipment. All he could do is recite the online information that the printer was no longer supported. It seems to me that it wouldn't take much to remedy the problem if Canon wanted to. The driver and software load, the printer is recognized by Printer Setup, all the software includiong the Photoshop plugin will run. The problem seems to be that the driver is looking in the wrong place for the printer - a change Apple must have made in Sierra. 

I switched back to El Capitan and once again the printer driver is working. However that process took several painful days. Apple doesn't make it easy. 

Canon?? Are you listening???

Man, that sucks. I was printing all fine until yesterday and then BAM it just stopped. I don't think my computer updated any softwarre either. I have been on Sierra for a few months now too...

But not before it went a bit nuts and printed out an  image like this....

It seems it got 4/5 of the way through and then printed strips of the top of the image over and over.

FullSizeRender.jpg

That's weird. Do I understand that you have been able to print with your ipf8000 while running Sierra?

Thanks.

Yes, it has been working fine until a few days ago. First this happened (I retried printing it three times and got the same result every time).  normally print 16Bit PSD files and then I thought the file may be corrupted, so I saved it as a TIFF (8 and 16Bit) and then as a JPG. But I couldnt get any of them to print. It hasn't given me a print after this....

I printed this this morning on Sierra. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 2.14.55 pm (2).png

This is all I get now.....

Announcements