cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced ink cartridge is not working

CaryeVDPM
Apprentice

Hello! I have a Canon Pixma Pro 9000 that I've owned for about 5-6 years and have had no issues with. I have replaced ink cartridges many times over with no problems. I recently ran out of a Magenta ink cartridge and when I tried to replace it, Magenta still isn't appearing on the things I'm printing. The computer shows that it is a full cartridge under "Supply Levels" so it recognizes that it is full, but I have tried replacing the ink cartridge with a different new Magenta one (in case the cartridge was faulty), printing from multiple programs, and I printed multiple test pages. I've restarted both the printer and the computer with no luck. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CaryeVDPM,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Before you call Canon run a nozzle check to be sure all nozzles are printing. If not do a head cleaning. If neither resolves issue then call; That will give Canon all the data they neeed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jjfirebug
Apprentice

Hi, i'm new to this forum.  I have a MG3500 series printer.  My ink cartridges were refilled by costco so they are full, but the printer tells me the ink cartridges are empty when they are not.  I've  reset my printer in many ways; turned it on/off, pressed the colour button for 15 seconds and nothing seems to be working - HELP!

Try this:

Pixma “MP” Printer Series: Ink Counter Reset Category 3 (Procedure #3.b.)
  1. Turn off the Canon MP printer and unplug it from the outlet.
  2. Press the "On/Off" button while you plug the cable back in.
  3. Hit the "Stop/Reset" button two times while holding down the "On/Off" button, then let go of the "On/Off" button.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements