cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing print head Canon PIXMA PRO-100

UNIVACCP642B
Contributor

I thought it lifted right out once you raised the grey arm there on the right side. That didn't happen, and I'm not about to risk breaking it.

The carriage snagged the side of a paper as it was printing. As a result, it looks like a bit of loose ink got on the head, as I've seen a couple sheets come out since then with random black marks at the bottom of a page. I remember an old Epson of mine doing the same thing.

I would like to clean it, just in case. How do I properly remove the print head?

Thanks.

By the way, I love this printer.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For information regarding this matter, please contact our support group.  Use the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you are uncertain about its removal and cleaning, you are better off getting professional help.  Call Canon Support as advised.  Smiley Happy

You can do great damage to the print head if not done correctly.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JonAustin
Apprentice

I'm a little late to the party for this thread, but I came across it looking for the answer to the same question. Sadly, the Canon Pro-100 series On-Screen Manual was of no help.

Canon is a fine company with excellent customer support, so it's a shame that Product Expert Michael couldn't have been more helpful in his response. The answer isn't rocket science. I'm sure Honored Contributor ebiggs 1 was wanting to help, but he essentially just echoed Michael's response, without offering any more helpful information to the orginal poster UNIVACCP642B.

Fortunately, there is a wealth of information and maintenance tips elsewhere on the web, such as this excellent post:

http://daydull.com/tips-tutorials/how-to-remove-a-canon-printhead-how-to-clean-a-clogged-printhead/

I hope the OP has long since received the support he needed to resolve his printing issues. I will echo HIS last comment, and say that I love this printer, too!

Announcements