Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Proper profile for Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper on the Pro 100

I own multiple Pro 100 printers and am hoping you guys can provide some guidance.  My favorite photo paper is Kirkland (Costco) Glossy, but I've not been able to figure out the best settings or which profile to use to achieve good results with this paper.  Any input would be appreciated!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Proper profile for Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper on the Pro 100

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53598634

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

Thanks for the input, Jeff.  I've seen some of your forum contributions and appreciate all the helpful advice you offer everyone.

I had seen the dpreview post, and have tried that profile and all the others, making notes along the way.  In comparing all the prints, I'm still not shot with any of them, frankly, as they all seem to exhibit idiosyncrasies.  I just wish that Costco and their paper vendor, who I have read may be Epson, would profile the paper and give us a definitive profile for the Pro 100.

New Contributor

I recently purchased a ColorMunki Photo, and am working on a profile for my MP980 and the Costco Professional GLossy Photo Inkjet paper.  I wonder if Costco changes vendors for this paper or even sources different sizes from different vendors.  This could explain why the major vendors don't offer profiles.

-Drew

New Contributor

Drew,

That makes sense...but for an outfit as big as Costco (plus Canon and perhaps Epson and others) to leave us all hanging is bad business on their part.  I mean, Costco must sell sea containers' worth of this paper a month/year, so why is no one stepping up and helping ensure that we all attain the best possible results?

MrNeuter

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Since you have the Pro-100 you can use Canon Print Studio Pro to make a pattern print and find the settings that give you the most pleasing result to your eyes.

Then it can be set in the driver as a saved setting.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472