cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Print job feeds paper through, "prints", but no ink is on the paper

rickvodicka
Apprentice

Hello, I've been battling with my Pro9000 for the past several months. It's probably on its way out and I'm not quite sure why. This most recent problem is truly baffling: Everything seems normal, the print job is accepted, the paper runs through while the print head goes through the motions as if things were fine... but no ink is actually applied to the paper.

Before this, I had a problem where the printer wouldn't turn on (this was about a month or two ago). My quick troubleshooting led me to plug the Pro9000 into a different power outlet and hold down some buttons until things happened, and somehow this worked.

Additionally, I'm using third-party ink cartridges. They were working fine for a bit, until now.

Any insight about this anomoly is greatly appreciated. My guess is this printer is unfixable now, but I haven't given up just yet.

Thanks,

Rick

2 REPLIES 2

rickvodicka
Apprentice

A bit of a follow-up: In my recent attempts to get this Pro9000 working, I see that the printouts it creates now have a very faint amount of ink (with some areas being devoid of ink). So the problem is mainly that the Pro9000 is using a very small amount of ink - and not all of the colors.

Hi rickvodicka,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements