cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 9000 color bands

boredsquid
Apprentice

I'm currently a photography student purchesed this printer in order to produce my homework assignments and personal projects.

currently, my printers has begun adding a band of color at the end of my larger prints...no matter the size or the paper, it routinely looks like it lifts off the yellow in the same spot, with the same consistancy and the same size on the bottom of all of my prints.  i've done multiple cleaning and nozzle checks...the ink is new,  adjusted ICC profiles, nothing seems to matter.  it appears to be proportioned to the size of the print itself...because even on an A4 sheet of paper, there is a small band and the print just seems to "give up" and rush through the rest of the print.

i've enclosed an image of the 13x19 and 11x17 prints as well as an 8.5x11 i just took at the time of this mailing.  since i seriously need this for school, i was hoping someone can help me with a hopefully simple solution.A4 paper sizeany advice?bands.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, boredsquid!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer, which applications you're printing from, and what type of paper you're using for your prints. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and i'm printing from Photoshop CS6.  the type of paper doesn't seem to matter as i've used several types...for the 8.5x11, it was HP photo glossy, the 13x19 was Epson and the 13x19 matte was generic staples brand.

i adjust all of the print files accordingly, did all of the maintenance functions repeatedly, fed the paper differently and even switched between having PS6 or the Printer handle the colors.

Hi boredsquid,

First, please make sure that the correct ink tanks are installed.  Please open the printer and verify that the ink is installed correctly.  From left to right, the ink should be:

CLI-8 Green

CLI-8 Red

CLI-8 Photo Magenta

CLI-8 Black

CLI-8 Photo Cyan

CLI-8 Cyan
CLI-8 Magenta
CLI-8 Yellow

Next, a test should be performed of your printer.  Please follow these steps to perform a Nozzle Check from the printer:

1.  Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder, and not the Front Tray.

2.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.

3.  After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

4.  If any colors are missing or if any horizontal lines are broken or missing, perform the print head cleaning procedure.

Please follow these instructions to perform a print head cleaning with the printer:

1.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light flashes one time.

2.  When you release the RESUME button, the POWER light starts flashing and all colors will be cleaned.  This will continue for about 30 seconds.

3.  Wait for the light to stop flashing before you resume normal operation.

4.  Try printing again. If the results are satisfactory, resume normal printing. If the results are not satisfactory, you may need to execute another print head cleaning.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i've already done all of that.

that isn't the issue...if you look at the photos provided, the whole start of the picture is fine.  the color band at the end only shows up at the end of the photo, no matter the proportions.  8.5x11 to 13x19, that band appears at the bottom of the last portion of the photo as it's printing

Hi boredsquid,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have used the phone line in the past. I have nothing but good things to say about the support I received. Give them a call.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements