cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 white plastic arm of some sort protruding from the bottom.

Dave33
Apprentice

Good Evening,

I just received a new Pro 1000 to replace my old Pro 10.  We opened the outside box right side up but the printer box inside  was upside down.  When we removed the printer and unwrapped it there is a white plastic arm of some sort protruding from the bottom.  It appears that it would be pressed back into the bottom if the printer was turned right side up but doesn't move when I press on it.  It is about 1/3 the way across the bottom from the right side and about 2/3 back from the front.

Any input as to what it is and what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

theCTHman
Apprentice

Assuming it’s not damaged or anything, the white plastic arm is for detecting that the printer is on solid ground. Not a defect. Under the weight of the heavy printer, the arm should press in. I have my pro 1000 sitting on a heavy duty wire shelf and I had to put some plywood underneath it to get the arm to push in and allow me to print…

Thanks for the input.  I was finally able to talk with a real person at Support and he said to trun it over which I did and itis working fine

Thanks again.

DW

AstroBob
Apprentice

Once the Pro 1000 is up and running.... DO NOT.... try to move it unless you it is a very short distance in the same building/office. Any tilt will make a mess and spill ink in the works. Any move needs to have all the ink pumped out of the feed tubes. There is an item under the Maintenance screen on the printer to do this. I would definitely get help from Canon support if you ever have to move it. I love my printer and it has been trouble free.... but luckily I don't have to move it ever. If I ever did I would probably have considered another printer as that would be an expensive move since you dump all that expensive ink and than have to go through the refill process like on a new printer which means using a lot of ink to refill the tubes. 

Announcements