cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 won't start - Power Supply tests OK

jomah
Apprentice
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what steps to take. I have a Canon Pixma Pro-100 that is completely unresponsive. I've tried all the usual steps - disconnecting power, holding the power button for extended time. Yesterday I had the power supply removed from the printer and tested. It is working fine. The power lines read 8 volts in sleep mode and 32 volts in wake mode. I have an idea it might be the print head because it was unplugged for a few weeks before this problem started. However, without power I can't remove the print head for cleaning.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jomah
Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll call them again and see if they will help.

jomah
Apprentice
Just a quick update. Called Canon support but they are unable to help. Apparently the information I am looking for is available only to authorized service centers and since the nearest service center is over 1000 km away, the advice I have been given by Canon help line is toss it and buy a new Canon printer. Good solution for Canon -- not so much for me.
At this point I am continuing my search for a solution to this problem.
I will keep you updated if I get more information. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Canon has apparently closed or no longer supports many repair places. We used to have a canon place downtown, now the closest place is in 371 miles away. Most of the remaining ones are in Texas and even if the power supply is the problem, you can't buy one from Canon.

Here is a thought that seems to help my problem with not turning on. I know its out there but it worked for me so far... Unplug the printer until you are ready to use it. I have had several issues with electrical devices since they put a new Meter on my home that sends date over the wires. The power supply on the TV went out at the same time as the printer began to act up. From what I've read the added data creates a form of "dirty electricity" that can affect sensitive devices.  I do not leave my printer on when not in use but that is not enough. If I forget to unplug it and completely unplug it for 10 minutes or so that will usually restart it.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Sunce you used km I’m guessing you arevnot in the US jomah.

In the US Canon frequently has revate deals where the net cost is $120 or less. Comes with full set of ink that is worth $130. Not worth paying for repair if its out of warranty.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements