cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 having photo problem what I see in monitor I get darker image.

arvagk9
Apprentice

I just bought this printer and I am trying to get familiarized, I am printing from CANON My image Garden, photoshop Element 11, from Canon power shot A1000, Canon rebel XTI, Windows printing media, I still get the same darker image, and like a film on top of the picture, tried to make lighter image still the same. Any body can help me?

5 REPLIES 5

7D5D
Rising Star

I am not an experienced printer, in fact I will be venturing into that area this coming week when my Pro-100 arrives.   A couple of basic questions I have before the experts chime in: 1) What kind of monitor do you have and 2) Have you calibrated your monitor with a calibration tool?

I do know it is essential to have an accurately calibrated monitor that will display your images true.  Is it possible that you have darkened your images (or altered them any other way) within Elements because your brightness/contrast setting on your display is set too high?

About my monitor, I am waiting for my new Pro Art Asus monitor, and no I have not calibrated my monitor. The thing is as I said, I am connecting my cameras to the printer and just printing from camera, without going through monitor, over all the picture is dark and overall there is a film on the picture like sunglass.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would discourage printing directly from the camera. Not that it is not possible but the quality is no where as good as you can make it if you have PSE or PS, LR4 or some such post software.

It is essential that your monitor shows what your printer is printing. Skip this step you can forget it. But you don't need any fancy equipment to accomplish it. D/L a color chart from the web and by trial and error you can get them really close. No difference than when we used to do it in the darkroom! A little time consuming but you can do it.

I suspect your camera and the printer are not calibrated to each other. It may not be possible to sync all three so my advise is go with your monitor and a post processing software.

I personally use CS6 with a Canon 9000 Mk II printer. I have two 27" monitors. I calibrated one monitor to the printer and than calibrated the second monitor to the first monitor. I usually have PS on monitor one and LR4 on the second one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

One futher thought, it is easier to adjust your monitor than adjust your printer. You can turn off any bias in the printer and let the software you are using to set color. I let PS handle color management. Not the printer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you for your advice I will try it and I will let you know.

Aarvagk9

Announcements