cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 Frequently Stops Mid-Print and Ejects Paper

RandyB
Apprentice

I've enjoyed using my Pro 100 for the past two years---worked very well.  It now frequently stops printing "mid-print"--stops sometimes after printing anywhere from a small portion to 3/4 of a print.  I printed 15 photos today without an issue then it printed only 1/2" of the photo then ejected the paper.  I've rebooted the computer and cycled the printer--will work for a few prints before following the sequence above.

I'm running Windows 10.  Updated the firmware.  Connected with a USB cable.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If someone here can't help you by Monday give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TedR
Contributor

fast forward to 2021 and I am also having this difficulty with the Pro 100, the printer stops midsheet at random, spits out the incomplete page and flashes up the Canon print preview screen for the same job as if the system had recieved a new print command that overides the one already running.

It began a while back and happens irregularly but is a major nuisance when it occurs.

I am running W10 on a Dell PC all new in 2019 printer connected hardwire via USB. Printing otherwise is fine, I love the Pro 100 results, except for this persistent bug.

I recently dowloaded the most up to date drivers from the Canon website, dated October 2021 and I think I did the installation correctly however the problem has recurred exactly as before three times in less than a week.

I tried an adjustment in Windows bypassing the print spooling in the Pro 100 properties dialog, however the fault recurred exactly as before.

Not sure what to do next, all contributions welcome.........

Announcements