cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 Driver/Printer Installation Issue

echo1125
Apprentice

Hi, 

I'm having an issue getting the Pro-100 set up on my laptop. I have never used this printer with this particular laptop so I have to install the drivers. I've tried installing the driver from Canon's download support page as well as the disc that came with the Pro-100. This is the error messasge I'm receiving:

Pixma-Pro100_error.PNG

I tried disconnecting the USB cable and reconnecting. Same error. The USB cable I'm using was literally delivered today so this is the first time I'm using it (I also don't have another USB cable to try in order to rule out a defective cable). If it helps:

PC - HP laptop running Windows 10 Home Edition. Version 1607 (64-bit system)

USB - C2G 54170 USB 3.0 A Male to A Male Cable, Black (1 Meter/3.2 Feet)

Any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If this is the cable you have it's not the correct one. 

You need a USB A B cable that will plug into the USB connection on the printer back panel. 

IMG_0478.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If this is the cable you have it's not the correct one. 

You need a USB A B cable that will plug into the USB connection on the printer back panel. 

IMG_0478.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Well, color me stupid! I completely forgot about that little USB port on the back of this printer; it's been a couple years since I've had to set it up with a computer and I certainly didn't remember this. THANK YOU SO MUCH for figuring this out. Turns out, my brother's printer cable is an A-to-B USB and worked like a charm, so I'm up and running. You're the best!
Announcements