cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 10 ink catridge running low

tokth
Apprentice

My ink catridge display show that "the following ink tank is running low,...Prepare a new ink tank"

I need to replace now or wait another warning   Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

I got that, there was a different view of the ink status.

Windows vs macOS.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Guess it could be Mac. didn't think about it. 

I use Windows.

The screenshot was from NVW on first page of this thread.

Thanks

@johnnypbwrote:

Guess it could be Mac. didn't think about it. 

I use Windows.

The screenshot was from NVW on first page of this thread.

Thanks

The screen-shot from nvw is from a mac.

On a mac, you enter the System Preferences, pick "Printers & Scanners", select the printer, pick "Options & Supplies..." then look at the "Supplies" tab (the panel 'nvw' posted is from that method.)

But there's another way which is faster... if you try to print something, you'll get the typical panel that opens to let you set the printer choice and any options you want.. when you pick the printer you want to use, there's a pull-down menu that lets you view the "supplies" levels.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

tokth
Apprentice

Today I conneted the printer to computer,the message warm me to replace one of the catridge,After replace the catridge,and printing in progress,another catridge also outof ink cause the color of paper not match,so better to replace the catridge when the ink tank is low

My 1st catridge detect low is GY,but I still can print another two pcs of A4 photo

My 2nd catridge detect low is CO and PC,but when I print the next A4 photo in progress,the CO alert out of ink

Currently all the ink catridge detect low ink except MBK,so need to replace all the ink catridge

So we won't know when the ink catridge out of ink after alert ink tank is running low

tokth - You discovered the "Domino Effect". Whenever a cartridge is replaced the printer runs a purge cycle that operates on all cartridges. More than once, before I adopted my new strategy, the purge wound up emptying a cartridge. Replace-Repeat Smiley Sad

Now, I wait until the Replace Warning (red x) appears for a cartridge and when the ink staus opens I rplace any cartrdge that has an "X" or an "!". Only one purge cycle and in the long run less wasted ink.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements