cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 10 ink catridge running low

tokth
Apprentice

My ink catridge display show that "the following ink tank is running low,...Prepare a new ink tank"

I need to replace now or wait another warning   Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There will be a second warning. It says to prepare a new tank so you can be ready to replace at the next warning. I take off the film wrap but don’t twist the orange cover off until I am ready to actually install the cartridge. 

The printer goes through a purge cycle each time a cartridge is replaced, so if you have several cartridges running low you might want to consider replacing all of them at the same time when one of them triggers the ink is out warning. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your information

Do you have a reference point to determine what "low" is? For example, if I received a second warning for replacing a one of my cartidges, would you also replace the 72CO cartridge based on the level shown in the attachment?

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 11.48.19 AM.png

Which one is giving the warnin g? it looks like only the CO is low enough to be replaced if i was doing it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm not getting an low warning yet on any inks in that example. I was just wondering if one of my inks was giving me a warning, would you also replace the CO at this point as well? I am really just trying to get a sense what "low" is and when to replace an ink even though it might have some life left in it.

If I received a low warning I would replace all inks that show as low as CO to minimize purge cycles.

I don't have a Pro-10; maybe CO doesn't give the same warning as ink, but if ink was showing that low I would expect to be getting a low ink warning.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks. The Pro-10 does give a warning, sometimes. I had not received a warning on the CO cartridge when I took the screen shot but the next time I turned on the printer the cartridge showed as empty and could not print till I replaced it.

Where/how did you get that ink level utility?

In Windows select View Printer Status button:

2018-03-13.png

macOS select your printer and select Options & Supplies

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements