cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints are not centered - Canon Pixma Pro 100

orkusmg
Contributor

I've read through similar posts here and for none of those fix was provided due to (apparently) lack of details - I wil try to describe issue best I can.

So - problem is simple. I do not want to print boarderless. I want boarders.

Every print, from 2 different computers (Win7 Pro 64bit and Windows 10 Pro 64bit - both with latest updates) is NOT centered.

When paper sits in printer tray (prior printing) the TOP BOARDER and after the print (if printed landscape orientated) makes it then RIGHT BOARDER is shorter (narrower) then the opposite one. Print is not centered.

Conditions of printing:

- I have latest drivers installed from internet (File Version 1.06)

- Problem seem to touch every software I print from: Excel, Photoshop CC 2018, Lightroom CC 2018, Lightroom Classic CC 2018, Canon Print Studio Pro (latest version just installed)

- Problem touches every print size: these I tried: 4"x6" (10x15cm - in reality 101.6mm x 152.4mm) and these from table below

A3+329 x 48313 x 19
A3297 × 42011.7 × 16.5
A4210 × 2978.3 × 11.7

- All prints are made exclusively on original Canon papers of various sizes of models listed below:

• PT-101
  • PP-201
  • SG-201
  • MP-101

- For all prints I select corresponding with paper ICC profile, I've got callibrated monitor too. Nothing wrong with color or brightness, (for Photoshop I let photoshop manage the collors and I double check "Printer settings" options for orientation, color management, quality, paper size etc.)

- In all mentioned applications (except excell - being honest) I have used standard (included) print sizes listed above and ALSO I have created custom print sizes taken from exact measurements of paper, and I mean EXACT. In all cases prints are NOT centered.

- I have tested prints on both "Prevent paper abrasion" and "Detect paper width" options enabled/disabled in any combination. In every possible combination - prints are NOT centered.

- I have tested to print (using vaiety of above combination of papers/settings etc.) using both WS (8bit) and XPS (16bit) drivers and here results are: prints are NOT centered (on both)....

- I have created new prints from scratch (using Photoshop) heaving stndard AND measured dimensions of all above papers and used all possible combination of centering/scaling to fit etc options - In all cases prints are NOT centered.

Ok - I can not think of any other printing conditions from top of my head, if I missed something - please leat me know. 

So dear Canon - are able to resolve problem that seems to be touching intermittently all Canon printers from PRO series? 

26 REPLIES 26

@TCampbellwrote:

Jose does have a video on it.  Did you check the video McNeese linked?

As I recall, the trick was to go into the page setup, select the option for borderless printing (which lets the margins go to 0) and then define the margin you really want to create the border.

I did that - my print had more/less 3mm (like I set it) border on 3 sides and on one side it went borderless - despite me setting this up to print ~3mm border on each side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKw70cY5xFE

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I followed your guide John, problem persists. See attached photo.

IMG_1110.JPG

I use an iMac (27 inch, Late 2013) currently with macOS Mojave (Version 10.14.5) loaded with Photoshop CS6 to edit my images then send to a Canon Pixma Pro 100 for printing. I've tried printing from both File>Print (changing settings according to the size and kind of paper I'm using) and also Canon Print Studio Pro (version 223). Both have issues and the amount of wasted paper and ink getting the borders I want is good for Canon (at least the ink) but extremely costly for me. However, I seem to be able to get closest to what I want most consistently with File>Print. Close is not good enough and by "consistently" I mean not having to waste as much paper/ink with File>Print as I do with Canon Print Studio "Pro". Does anyone else use the same or similar equipment and programs and have a similar experience? Maybe between us we can find what we want and be able to repeat from one print to the next. Thanks. Mike

Welcome Mike. I will try to assist.

Can you describe and/or post a screen shot of your settings so I can see exactly what you are trying to do?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John...thanks for taking a look. I have used all kinds of different settings using both programs (Photoshop's File>Print and the Canon Print Studio Pro). Not sure I can get to it anymore today (Sunday, July 14), but when I do, I will post settings for the specific program I use at that time that do not give me the results I was expecting. Does this work for you? Otherwise, please let me know if there is anything specifically you want me to post. Thanks again John. Mike

That's fine.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John. I'll try to get the first settings posted later today, maybe not until this evening...

Hi John...imagine trying every setting possible for what I'm trying to do. There's just too much for me to screenshot and post. To start with, I'm trying to print on a 4x6 sheet with an image sized 3.8 x 5.8, which should leave me with a thin, evenly spaced border around the image. Nada. If you still want to help, maybe we could get started with a few questions asking what I've tried (or should be trying). I understand if you prefer not to go any further. I probably need to call canon and find out if a techie can remote access my iMac and see if they can make it happen. Thanks John. Mike

PS One thing I've also tried is creating a 4x6 new document, onto which I drag the 3.8x5.8 image, flatten the layers, then print the 4x6 document/image. Nada...still off centered.

PSPS I've also tried printing with both File>Print through Photoshop CS6 and Canon's Print Studio Pro...

Announcements