03-05-2018 07:34 AM
I've read through similar posts here and for none of those fix was provided due to (apparently) lack of details - I wil try to describe issue best I can.
So - problem is simple. I do not want to print boarderless. I want boarders.
Every print, from 2 different computers (Win7 Pro 64bit and Windows 10 Pro 64bit - both with latest updates) is NOT centered.
When paper sits in printer tray (prior printing) the TOP BOARDER and after the print (if printed landscape orientated) makes it then RIGHT BOARDER is shorter (narrower) then the opposite one. Print is not centered.
Conditions of printing:
- I have latest drivers installed from internet (File Version 1.06)
- Problem seem to touch every software I print from: Excel, Photoshop CC 2018, Lightroom CC 2018, Lightroom Classic CC 2018, Canon Print Studio Pro (latest version just installed)
- Problem touches every print size: these I tried: 4"x6" (10x15cm - in reality 101.6mm x 152.4mm) and these from table below
|A3+||329 x 483||13 x 19|
|A3||297 × 420||11.7 × 16.5|
|A4||210 × 297||8.3 × 11.7|
- All prints are made exclusively on original Canon papers of various sizes of models listed below:
- For all prints I select corresponding with paper ICC profile, I've got callibrated monitor too. Nothing wrong with color or brightness, (for Photoshop I let photoshop manage the collors and I double check "Printer settings" options for orientation, color management, quality, paper size etc.)
- In all mentioned applications (except excell - being honest) I have used standard (included) print sizes listed above and ALSO I have created custom print sizes taken from exact measurements of paper, and I mean EXACT. In all cases prints are NOT centered.
- I have tested prints on both "Prevent paper abrasion" and "Detect paper width" options enabled/disabled in any combination. In every possible combination - prints are NOT centered.
- I have tested to print (using vaiety of above combination of papers/settings etc.) using both WS (8bit) and XPS (16bit) drivers and here results are: prints are NOT centered (on both)....
- I have created new prints from scratch (using Photoshop) heaving stndard AND measured dimensions of all above papers and used all possible combination of centering/scaling to fit etc options - In all cases prints are NOT centered.
Ok - I can not think of any other printing conditions from top of my head, if I missed something - please leat me know.
So dear Canon - are able to resolve problem that seems to be touching intermittently all Canon printers from PRO series?
03-05-2018 08:50 AM
Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!
It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting on your own, and we appreciate that! We suggest reaching out to support to ensure everything is setup properly and to do some additional troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this! Our team can be reached by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET).
If you're outside of the US, you'll want to reach out to Canon Support in your country/region. You'll find contact information by clicking HERE.