cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on 5x7 sheets with Pixma Pro 100

sabrinam28
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Mac and am trying to print on sheets of 5x7 photo paper. I'm unsure of where to place the paper because it keeps giving me an error that it cannot find the paper when I put it in the rear tray.

Thank you,

Sabrina

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need to uncheck "Detect Paper Width" in the printer driver.

Go into the IJ Printer Utility, select Custom Settings and uncheck Detect Paper Width.

Re-select when finished.

By the way, the Canon On-Screen Printer Manual is a very useful tool - searchable by keyword.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi. I unchecked the Detect Paper Width and still have the same problem. If switch to 8.5x11 works just fine.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

sabrinam28,

It may be possible that you are loading the paper in the Manual Feed Tray rather than the Rear Tray.

Visit the following link to make sure that the paper is being loaded correctly:

PRO-100 Online Manual: Loading Paper

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have this problem and I'm using correct rear tray. When using 8.5x11 paper it works just fine. I've unchecked the "Detect Paper Width" in the driver's custom settings as suggested above.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I’ve had problems with 4x6” sheets being just a bit too light to feed.  I rest a fingertip on the sheet as it starts to feed and once the rollers have it, it will feed through and print with no problems.  I’m wondering if you’re having a similar issue.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements