cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Calibration

Janeames
Apprentice

So I am finally getting into printing my own images.  However, I now have another learning curve regarding this whole process.  My question is about calibration.  Of course I want to calibrate my monitor - I can either buy a relative inexpensive colormunki Display or the more expensive i1Studio which calibrates camera, monitor, printer etc.  But I am watching a youtube video by a Canon rep, indicating I think, that the canon profiles printers are pretty much accurate.  Does that mean that I would never have to calibrate the printer, even when I am printing to papers that arent canons (like fine art paper).  Would appreciate some input please, there is quite a lot of difference between these two products.  Regards.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are using non-Canon papers you need to install ICC profiles for that paper. When you print you would select the ICC profile for that paper and select the media type that the paper manufacturer recommends. More third party paper suppliers have ICC profiles that can be downloaded from there website. 

The most accurate printing results will be obtained from a custom profile, most supplied profiles are quite good. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements