cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Compatibility with Photoshop CC 2018

Sirreal
Apprentice

Hi, I'm a Mac user and I have a Pixma Pro-100 printer. I've been using Print Studio Pro as a plugin for Photoshop CC 2017. I just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2018, and Print Studio Pro is no longer available. I tried to download it and install but the installer doesn't seem to recognize CC 2018. My Mac Operating System is Version 10.12.6 (Sierra). 

18 REPLIES 18

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue to Sirreal. I have a Mac and installed Photoshop CC 2018 and Print Studio Pro verison 2.2.1 from the Canon site. But I can't get the plugin to work in Photoshop. I clicked File>Automate but didn't see it there. I also attempted to save the plugin to the Photoshop folder, but that doesn't appear to be an option on my Mac. I'm stumped. 

Thanks for your help 

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I'm using this with my Pro-10

Install the printer driver.  If you're on a mac, make sure you install it via the CUPS driver (not AirPrint).  Print Studio Pro requires more control over the printer than AirPrint allows.

This article explains what they want to see:  

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164874&actp=LIST

With driver and printer installed correctly, you should be able to install Print Studio Pro.  Make sure you have an up-to-date version.  The latest appears to be 2.2.1.

Note that this version was just updated January 12, 2018.  It did install for me into Lightroom Classic CC 2018 (I'm on High Sierra) without a fuss.

Launch Lightroom to verify you can find it.

From the LIghtroom main menu, pick "File" -> "Plug-in Manager..." and view the plug-ins.  You should see "Canon Print Studio Pro" on the list and if you select it then you should see the version number (2.2.1).

To use it... first select an image that you'd like to print (you do not need to be in the Lightroom 'Print' module... I am sometimes in the Library module and sometimes in the Develop module when I invoke it.)  Then navigate to "File" -> "Plug-in Extras..." -> "Canon Print Studio Pro..."

If you get an error that it does not find a supported printer, then you installed the printer to your Mac without using the CUPS driver (you may have grabbed the AirPrint version).  Delete and re-install the printer based on the instructions in that article I linked above.

All this aside... I did find it to be rather quirky software.  I found that I couldn't crop within Print Studio Pro (it has a 'crop' feature but it doesn't let me change the crop aspect ratio).  If I want... say, an 8x10 but the photo comes out of the camera in a 3x2 aspect ratio, I have to use the Develop module to crop to the desired aspect ratio in Lightroom before starting the Print Studio Pro plug-in.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I am having the same problem getting the program to install into PPhotoshop cc 2018.

I spent Sunday afternoon trying various ways to get it to install with no luck.

I ended up calling Canon support for help it took approx 3 minutes for them to talk me through the install.

Open Finder - Open applications - Open Canon Utilities - Open Pint Studio Pro - Open Plug in Install

Click on Browse - Open Applications - Locate Photoshop cc 2018 and click on open.

That installed the program for me now all I have to do is get used to the printer!

I just followed all of these steps, got a message saying that it installed successfully, but I went into File-Automation in Photosohp, and I see nothing! Any further tips for me?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you using latest version 2.23?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
Are you using latest version 2.23?

Not sure. I'm trying what came on the install disk. I'll go try to download the latest from the site. Thanks!

To install PSP, go into Applications->Canon Utilities->Print Studio pro and run the Plug-in Installer.

It will ask about LR (unless you don't have LR).

Select "Next"

Select Photoshop and click "Browse"

Browse to App, find Adobe Photoshop, select the Plug-ins folder and select Open

Select "Next"

It should install.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

To install PSP, go into Applications->Canon Utilities->Print Studio pro and run the Plug-in Installer.

It will ask about LR (unless you don't have LR).

Select "Next"

Select Photoshop and click "Browse"

Browse to App, find Adobe Photoshop, select the Plug-ins folder and select Open

Select "Next"

It should install.

That worked!! I sware I tried that before, but maybe it was because I had the wrong driver installed.  Thank you!!

Great. Glad you are set niow.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements