cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print DVD on Pro 100 from Photoshop

cliffaddy
Apprentice

I can't figure out how to print directly to a DVD from Photoshop.

I can print with no problem from the Easy Photoprint app, I send the job and after a while the yellow light starts blinking like it needs paper.  So I insert the disk tray and press the feed button and it prints no problem.

However, when I print from Photoshop, I select "Disk tray K" as the paper size, send the job, and the light starts blinking, just like before.  But when I press the feed button, it stops for a couple seconds and then starts blinking again.

I'm having to save the file as a .jpg and bring it into Easy Photoprint, which is a real pain.  Is there some trick to getting DVDs printed directly in Photoshop?

15 REPLIES 15

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have not tried to print from PS to a DVD, yet, but one thing, you should have the disk holder tray already installed in the Pro-100 before.  Not after you send the job from PS.

Remember, PS does not care. or know, what you are printing to, it just sends the file. The printer needs to know what you want to print to and if you didn't have the DVD tray loaded first, it likely thinks you are using normal printing.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"you should have the disk holder tray already installed"

The user's manual specifically warns you not to do this: "Do not attach the disc tray until the message asking you to load the printable disc is displayed. Doing so can damage the printer."

There will be no message to load the disk tray from PS. That is why I suggested he stay with the free included software.

I suspect that warning is to not try and load the disk tray while the printer is readying itself for printing.

As this is the first statement in the manual;

Placing a Printable Disc

To print onto a printable disc, place it on the disc tray supplied with the printer, then insert it into the printer.

My quote was, "Not after you send the job from PS." I have not tried to print a DVD from PS but I have done many from Easy Photo Print EX. It may not even be possible.

However, you cited a good point, better to be cautious.

EB

Hello.

Unfortunately, we can only advise that disks are printed in our own software. 

Before printing, please ensure that the 'Printable Disk' media type option has been selected in the Quick Setup tab (Windows) or Quality and Media section of the Print menu (Mac).  This may allow you to print the disk from Photoshop. 

If you continue to have difficulties, we would have to advise that you continue using Easy PhotoPrint.   I apologize for this inconvenience.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just purchased the Pro 100 and for the past week have been trying to figure out how to print CD's without the image being off-center.  I am using the software provided with the printer but no matter what I do, the image is off-center by about 1/16 to 1/8" side to side.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Any suggestions would be appreciated."

I can't say anything except it prints exactly where you tell it to.  If it is printing other regular prints where it should the printer is  not the issue.

EB

Thanks for taking the time to type something.

I found in the first print dialog box a tab for setting the position of the image, horizontally or vertically. The problem is that the image on the screen is perfectly centered so there is no way of knowing which way to adjust the position until after you've printed a disk, then it's too late, the disk is ruined and you have to start over. 

So if someone has some useful information, other than "it prints where you tell it to", it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi AE-1.

If the CD is tray is not inserted properly, it may cause the label to print offcenter.  Ensure the arrow on the printing tray matches the arrow on the inner cover.  Refer to the below diagram for an example of how it should line up.

Placing printable disc

If this doesn't help, please provide an image showing the offset printing on the label.  The visual example may provide more idea about what's causing the problem and, subsequently, how to correct it.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the response. I have been very careful about lining up the arrows on the tray. I've printed about 10 disks so far and they are all off-center in the exact same way. The printable disks are white and after printing on them, there is a crescent of white leftover on the left side of the disks, just under 1/16" at the widest.

Announcements