cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print DVD on Pro 100 from Photoshop

cliffaddy
Apprentice

I can't figure out how to print directly to a DVD from Photoshop.

I can print with no problem from the Easy Photoprint app, I send the job and after a while the yellow light starts blinking like it needs paper.  So I insert the disk tray and press the feed button and it prints no problem.

However, when I print from Photoshop, I select "Disk tray K" as the paper size, send the job, and the light starts blinking, just like before.  But when I press the feed button, it stops for a couple seconds and then starts blinking again.

I'm having to save the file as a .jpg and bring it into Easy Photoprint, which is a real pain.  Is there some trick to getting DVDs printed directly in Photoshop?

15 REPLIES 15

Fully understand but the question is does it print 8x10's correctly or 5x7's, etc.

No disrespect to the Canon person but lining up those arrows won't have anything to do with the OP's issue of offset print.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"...there is a crescent of white leftover on the left side of the disks, just under 1/16" at the widest."

Oh, just thought, are you covering the entire DVD with color? Are you using the sample provided form Canon or are you making your own?

EB

The entire disk is colored. I scan the original disks and then drop them into the template provided in the Canon software. I even tried dropping in a larger image but the results are the same.

On screen, within the Canon softawre, the image looks perfectly centered. It is not untill the disk is printed that the problem reveals itself.

It seems the only way to get the image centered on the disk is to adjust the position in the print menu but there is no "preview" so it is a matter of trial and error. I don't like wasting disks or ink.

I tried running the print head alignment utility but it did not help. I even used both drivers that Canon provides, and then used a differnet computer but the results were the same.

I agree with you about the tray, there is alot of side to side slop between it and the rails so pricsely aligning the arrows is not crucial. To test that theory, I skewed the tray to the left for one disk and then to the right for the next but the images printed on both disks were in the exact same position.

Well I am sorry, I do not have a good answer for you. Perhaps choosing a design that isn't so obvious it is slightly off center.  But have a happy T-day anyway. Smiley Happy

EB

ralphingreer
Apprentice

Where is the Canon supplied software you refer to.  I have not found it.

Hi there!

You'll find the software on our site HERE.

We hope this helps! 

Announcements