cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Alignment on imgePROGRAF pro-1000

londonphoto
Apprentice

hi all,

Has anyone had issues with print alignments on the prograf pro-1000? No matter how i seem to print, the print comes out with slightly different margins than specified.

For example, 5 by 7 crop on 5 by 7 paper with a 5 mm margin all around will come out shifted with a smaller margin on one side than the other. Same on papers all the way up to A2. I've tried every paper from Hanhemule Baryta's through to canons own pro luster and several in between.

Tried from lightroom, photoshop and print studio pro. Same thing. I tried print head alignments from the manual, updated firmward, and drivers. the offset seems to get bigger the bigger the paper. Have also tried from manual feed, rear feed trays etc.

Have also given a go to the differnt types of paper settings (normal, boirderless and border 25) and set margins in software .. same problem. One or two i could put down to my paper loading, but every print sounds like an issue?

In lightroom print module the grey page bleed and margins and gutters guide, also look offset to the left (as viewed on screen).  The grey area on the left is smaller than that on the right?

Am i missing something glaringly obvious? Is it just some margin offset i have to make to account for the gutter / unprintable offset?

2 REPLIES 2

JimPalik
Apprentice

has anyon ever replied to your post?

You can email me at [personal information removed per forum guidelines]

I am considering a Pro 1000 and print registration is one of my primary concerns. Please see the post below that I have placed on other printer forums.

I would like to hear from anyone that has experience with the Canon Pro 1000. All the reviews I have read give it high marks. I currently have an Epson 3880. I am happy with the print quality of the 3880 but I have two unique problems. I print photographic art greeting cards, 4-up on B3+ paper.

1. The 3880 does not register each sheet perfectly. It is OK for individual prints but if I print 10 or 20 sheets at a time they will all vary by either a minor skew or miss-register by a millimeter or two. This makes it impossible to take a stack of prints to a large paper cutter and group cut them. Each B3+ must be cut by hand. I have the same problem with folding.

Can anyone tell me if the Canon vacuum feed registers multiple prints accurately?

2. I score every print for folding. The ink on the 3880 sometimes cracks after scoring when folding the print. Does anyone have experience scoring a printed image and then folding it?

Any other feedback would be appreciated. Especially if anyone has switched to the Canon pro 1000 from the Epson 3880.

Thank you in advance,

Jim Palik

CanonLA
Contributor

Having exaxtly the same problem with Print Studio.  What is the solution??

Announcements