cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma-pro 200 - print quality issues after less than one week

robclarke6
Contributor

Hi all, can anybody help with my frustrating print issue?

I just got my brand new pixma pro-200, which arrived on 16th March. I've printed 10 or 15 prints in A4 and A5 paper, on Canon semi gloss without issues. They look great. I've gone to print an A3 image today on Canon semi gloss, of a mostly black/dark image, and there's this very faint but noticeable narrow line running the full length of the print where it almost hasn't printed any ink? You should see the photos below. I've printed it 3 more times and it is still showing the same line (this is not present on the original artwork file).

I'm using genuine canon ink supplied with the printer. I've tried a nozzle check pattern, all fine. Printer head cleaning (normal cleaning not deep) and roller cleaning and it's still leaving that faint line.

This is my second pixma pro-200, the first one was great and never experienced any printing issues like this, and I printed this same image on that printer, so I am at a loss!

Can anybody think of anything else I could try? I'd really appreciate it. I really don't want to send it back to Canon if I can help it, as I've had it less than a week and the last time I sent my first pixma pro-200 printer to Canon for a warranty repair, I didn't get it back for over 2 months.

Thanks in advance! 
IMG_9897 copy.jpgIMG_9898 copy.jpgIMG_9899 copy.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

robclarke6
Contributor

Anybody have any suggestions? I can't even get a reply from Canon on this

Thanks for joining the conversation, robclarke6!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.  You can also call our PRO-series printer support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  They're open Monday through Friday 8a-7:30p ET (5a-4:30p PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements