cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro 100 heavy magenta cast with right profile

mengxihex
Apprentice
Hi guys, I have my pixma pro for a while now, and it was printing great the first few months. But it suddenly start to print with very heavy magenta cast. No matter what profile and paper I choose, I’m using photoshop as my color managing software, and I chose none in ‘matching’ . No matter what I do it has very heavy magenta cast on the page, even if I choose black and white printing.
Did the print head fail? Or it’s too dirty? Please help solve this problem! Thank you so much!
3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you've got the correct driver settings, so double profiling probably isn't happening.

Are you uisng Preview?

You could download Print Studio pro and try printing using PSP as a check on any other settings that might have gotten messed up.

You can answer your head question by performing a deep cleaning and then a nozzle check.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

mengxihex
Apprentice
Hi, @jrhoffman 75

Thank you for your reply, I have downloaded print studio pro, and I cleaned out my printhead today, however there are still heavy magenta cast on my print result, I don’t know what’s going on. It appears to have bands of magenta cast. The printing check pattern indicates that it’s fine. I don’t have any clue, looking for solutions

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements