cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro100S smudging/bleeding

chloesims
Contributor

Hey! 

So, i've had a trouble with my printer ever since I got it +/- 4-5 months ago that it sometimes bleeds my artwork. I notice it's mostly only the darker colours (blacks against browns/greys etc) that do this and its only on areas of non text (so when I draw something with the pen tool on AI, it will do this.. sometimes.) 

Is there anyway to counter this? I'm saving my files from Illustrator as PDF's and JPG to print but they both give the same bleeding effect. 

Here is what this design looks like.... 

As you can see, the arms/grey of the shirt/trousers etc are fine but his bag strap, and the sun/trees/birds and bag are all bleeding against each other.

Sort of losing the will to live with this right now, so if anyone knows what I can do change this. That would be great! 

Alan.jpg

23 REPLIES 23

Thank you!!

I have just tried to re-add my printer and indeed it does say 'bonjour' on the listing, yes i am on a Mac

Are you able to show me the link to the correct to what i would need to download? 

Thank you for your help! I am very new to all this 🙂

Scrap that, ive found it!!

Thank you, i can't belive it was so simple... spent all day at this yesterday

Very much appreicate your help!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kokocards
Contributor
did you ever find a good solution to this? 😄 I am having very similar issues with my canon ix6820!

A couple of items were addressed. What problem are you having?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for responding! 

I've attached an image here. As you can see, the edges are bleeding blue. 

Here are some of the settings that I have in place right now. 

Bought: ~ 3 months ago, it has always kind of been like this which is why I think it must be my settings

Printer: canon ix6820

Prevent Paper Abrasion is on

Drying time is Long

Paper is 80 lb Cover paper felt finish uncoated

US Letter default paper size, I'm printing borderless (edge to edge printing)

Canon colour matching

The other settings are screenshotted below.

My file is from Pages in Mac

I have the latest Macbook pro with latest iOS installed.

I find that the right side of the page has more bleed than the other side which is kind of strange.

I've tried doing the cleaning, i've tried doing the bottom plate cleaner and none of that worked. Let me know if you need any other information from me. I'm desperate! I don't know what to do to make the bleeding stop. 

Thank you so much for your time in responding. I really appreciate it!Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 8.10.56 PM.png

IMG_7957.JPG

What software are you using to print. I have two Canon printers, neither the same as yours, but my print dialogues don’t look like yours. 

The first line, profileid, does the drop down let you choose paper ICC profiles. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I used the canon driver from the instructions. 

I'm printing in Pages, the Mac program. 

these are the profile ids. I dno't see ICC. I read something about plate curves and dot compensation online becaus ei'm printing on uncoated paper. do you know if this is something I can adjust with the canon printer?? 

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 8.34.33 PM.png

Try selecting the one in blue. 

Are you using the paper type in the media line, or are you using non-Canon paper and they said to use that media type. 

What file type type is the file? Pages native or is it exported as a file type. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

the paper is not canon paper. So I just used the glossy one because i thought it would put less ink on the page. when I use the matte option, it gets worse.

I'm using Pages native, and haven't exported it.

I'll try with the diff selection profile id
Announcements