cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II - 4 flashes Yellow Cartridge LED off

ijourneaux
Contributor

My printer has been a work hoarse for a long time. I actually replaced the print head instead of the printer a few times rather than change the printer.

A week ago, my printer started to flash 4 times and refused to print. When you look at the cartridges, the Yellow cartridge led was off. Usually this is just a matter of reseating the cartridge but not this time. Bought a new set of cartriges. At first the yellow cartridge worked but it did not last. It is out again. As a test, I moved the yellow cartidge to the next position and it lit up.

I tried cleaning the contacts where the yellow cartidge plugs in but that did not make any difference. I could sawp in another print head but would hate to use it if the problem is else where on the printer.

Apprciate any thoughts on addition tests I could try as I attempt to troubleshoot this.

Ian

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ijourneaux,

The four flash error is an indication that there is something wrong with either the ink tank or your PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II's ability to detect the ink tank.  It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements