Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 very dull blues, greens, prints getting worse? Help :(

jfalvey
Apprentice

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Need more info. What program. Are you having Printer manage or letting the app manage color.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, thanks so much for replying. 

I'm currently printing from a MacBook Pro - simply going through iphoto to print. (This may be a rookie error?) 

I print from a PC, but I will offer some suggestions. Have you performed a print head alignment and nozzle check?

The link below:

http://outbackprint.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

has a printer test image you can download. Open the image in iPhoto and print it without making any adjustments to the image and see what it looks like.

Also, print the web page directly from Safari and see what it looks like. That should tell you if the problem is the printer or something with iPhoto settings.

Do you have an alternate photo program you can try?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you! I've been doing some more test prints, and now ink is low - but I will be giving that a try as soon as ink arrives. I really appreciate it. I do have an alternate photo program I can try (Thinking Google Picasa), and thank you especially for the guidance on a test image to determine whether it's the program or printer, I had no idea where to turn to sort that out. 

Hold on ther, guy, before you waste any more ink, paper and money.  Did the Pro-100 ever print correctly?  Or, are you setting up the first time?  Big difference in answers.

But make sure you have Canon brand ink and paper and the correct profile.  This is mandatory and can not be skipped.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Second, printing from a laptop is always more challenging.  The monitor has to be close to what you are printing.  For instance you are seeing one thing but the MacBook is telling the printer something else.

You don't need any special add-ons to do this.  Just makes sure the contrat, brightness and gray-scale are set correctly.

This does not have to be spot on but you must know what you are seeing is, say, darker than the what the printer is getting from the laptop.  So you can adjust your printing software to brighten it slightly.

Bottom line is you must know what the laptop and the Pro-100 are telling each other.  It is most likely printing exactly what it is told to.  These are great printers and produce fantastic prints.

As to color matching, it is impossibile to color match every color.  Best you can do is just a few or just one.  I go for skin tones.  That is what people see most.  Remember you are dealing with light vs pigment.  Two very different elements.

Let me know.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements