cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - prints things not seen on screen-help?

traceymac543
Contributor

So, I've gone ahead and bought a Pixma Pro 100 printer in hopes to print my artwork...  
Is it one big waste of money? 😞
I hope someone can help, this is causing me a lot of anxiety and physical pain/illness....

I am trying to print, gone through fiddling around with different settings, but I don't know how to make it print what I see on screen.
I believe I've calibrated it as well as it can be.

The print I have comes out printing things in white areas that can barely be seen on screen unless you know it's already there to zoom in, squint and see it. It's not something you would see while painting, but there are very noticible stroke lines in print that should not be there.
And this issue presents itself in other ways, there are certain things printing too harsh, not as soft looking like on screen.

Colors are okay overall, but not exact...
I feel it's printing the greens too dark/flat, missing the light yellow tones in the image.
But the biggest issue is with having things print in white areas, that cannot be seen on screen.
Even if I reduce the brightness/contrast of the monitor, it doesn't make it visible like it is on the print... and obviously I cannot paint properly with the monitor so dark.

11 REPLIES 11

Sorry to ask all these questions...

Should I go to color settings and change the working space to prophotorgb before printing?

When I do that and then go to print, the preview window shows a dull version of what is in photoshop
and it says document file : untagged RGB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Use sRGB working space
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements