cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - prints things not seen on screen-help?

traceymac543
Contributor

So, I've gone ahead and bought a Pixma Pro 100 printer in hopes to print my artwork...  
Is it one big waste of money? 😞
I hope someone can help, this is causing me a lot of anxiety and physical pain/illness....

I am trying to print, gone through fiddling around with different settings, but I don't know how to make it print what I see on screen.
I believe I've calibrated it as well as it can be.

The print I have comes out printing things in white areas that can barely be seen on screen unless you know it's already there to zoom in, squint and see it. It's not something you would see while painting, but there are very noticible stroke lines in print that should not be there.
And this issue presents itself in other ways, there are certain things printing too harsh, not as soft looking like on screen.

Colors are okay overall, but not exact...
I feel it's printing the greens too dark/flat, missing the light yellow tones in the image.
But the biggest issue is with having things print in white areas, that cannot be seen on screen.
Even if I reduce the brightness/contrast of the monitor, it doesn't make it visible like it is on the print... and obviously I cannot paint properly with the monitor so dark.

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
We need a lot more info to try and help you. For a start, what software are you printing from and what paper are you using?

Adjusting your monitor brightness is not going to change how your printer prints things.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, thanks for your reply 🙂

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS6 and am printing digital artwork on Canon Pro Luster paper.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
OK. Download the test image from this site and print it using your settings. Don't make any adjustments to the computer regardless of how light or dark the image looks.

If printer is working corretyou should have a good print with good colors. The commentary in the website will give you guidance on what too look for.

Report back with results.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Where is the test image?

I'm not sure what you mean by not making any adjustments...

And "If printer is working corretyou should have a good print with good colors.:"

I already changed settings around before, so I don't even know what the default would be... so how could it print out right?

And that is the problem, it didn't come out right when I printed for my own image.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What settings are you talking about? Your monitor settings don't matter right now. Download the file, open it in Photoshop and print it.

Can you take a screen shot of the printer dialogue box showing your print settings?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Where is the file to download? Thank you~

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Sorry-I forgot to paste it. Click on green text.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, although the page is not clear about what type of paper to print on.
So, I just want to ask to be sure.
Thanks again.

Use whatever paper you want. Since you are trying to verify a printer problem I would use the paper you are using to print your artwork and select all the settings you would select to print on that paper.

Just don't make any changes in PS to the image - open the file and just print it.

Confgigure your options to have PS manage the color.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements