Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pixma Pro-100 printing very dark

it's mainly the gray or black, it's printing a lot of dark blue instead of any gray

Esteemed Contributor

I can’t help with that software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

Hi jrhoffman75

I followed your advise having had the same issue as some with darker prints compared to the image viewed on screen. I had the bonjour version of the printer driver installed which i have now replaced with the IJ one you mentiond. My screen is calibrated with an xbrite colormunki dispay and the test image prints out perfectly. Is there any further steps I need to take as you asked Len1010 to report back!!

Any help appreciated.

Mark

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mark. What problem are you still having? If the test image is printing out correctly and you like the way it looks then just be sure the monitor display is as close as possible to looking like the print. (My monitor is set to 80 cd/m^2 with xRite. I edit in a dim room and there is no light shining on my monitor surface. )

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

Hi jrhoffman75

The image exposure still looks brighter, even set at 80, but I suspect this is largely due to the 5K retina display on my iMac. I will play with the brightness further to try and match it, but I'm happy the colour reproduction is pretty good. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mark

Occasional Contributor

Ok, I have PS, a calibrated monitor. I have done the no match setting and STILL have under exposed prints. I am running a windows machine. I don't see the settings "Canon My Printer' So maybe i am just stupid but a detailed explaination on how to totally disable printer controls would be helpful. Thanks ! Steve

Esteemed Contributor

By "no match" do you mean Main->Color/Intensity->Set->Manual->None?

Can you post a screenshot of your Photoshop print settings?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

" By "no match" do you mean Main->Color/Intensity->Set->Manual->None? "

Yes, exactly. I also went to the 'canon utilities' and found the canon my printer, the setting there are the same as when you go to the print settings. My monitor is calibrated using a 'Spyder' 5, PS settings is RGB 1998 Photo is also taken RGB I don't want to have to print out a 'zillion' prints to finally get one decent one. Ink is expensive. Any ideas ? Thanks, Steve

Esteemed Contributor

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Download this test image. Open it in your software. Do not make any adjustmenst. Print it. How does the image look?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

I'd say about 2 stops underexposed, but a definite improvement. so, what is this telling me? I would say the colors are accurate, smooth graduations, skin tones are accurate. Say, if this print was my photo, i would adjust the exposure slider in CR to '10' contrast the same amount and the 'whites' around 5