Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pixma Pro-100 printing very dark

Len1010 - what software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

Tried printing both a vector document from Pixelmator and a TIFF file from Preview. I'd like to print them from Preview as Tiffs, but the colors (everything but black) are coming out super dark and weird.

Esteemed Contributor

When you select Print in Preview do you get a dialogue box like this?

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 1.46.25 PM.jpg

If so, selecting ColorSync turns off printer control and lets you control color; same as application controls color.

Then you choose your paper ICC profile.

If you don't see this dialogue go to System Preferences->Printers and Scanners and verify the correct driver is installed. You want to see something like this:

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 1.51.57 PM.jpg

You don't want to see AirPrint or Bonjour version. If you do, delete that printer, select "+" and wait for the IJ series driver to appear. It could take several minutes. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

Ok. I found that and did those things-- thank you! 

The color is definitely different than it was before, but still not near the color I'm seeing on my screen. Any idea why this might happen still? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Len1010.

Good so far.

I'm assuming that you ran a nozzle check and all looks good.

Also, you have verified that the correct paper media type and profile are bing used in the printer dialogue window.

Next step is to download the test image from this website:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Open the test image in Preview. Don't make any adjustments to it, regardless of how it looks to you on the computer screen.

Print the test image.

Report back on how the test image looks.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

I have a canon 7110c and It's printing everything way too dark. I also have a brother's that prints perfectly so I know it's not my computer or monitor. I checked everywhere and can't find where to "not let the printer control anything" in settings. I don't know what it is controling. Please help I need this fixed for my labels for my business. 

Thank you

Dana

Occasional Contributor

I have a canon 7110c and It's printing everything way too dark. I also have a brother's that prints perfectly so I know it's not my computer or monitor. I checked everywhere and can't find where to "not let the printer control anything" in settings. I don't know what it is controling. Please help I need this fixed for my labels for my business. 

Thank you

Dana

Occasional Contributor

Thank you

Dana

Esteemed Contributor

What software are you printing from.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

avery print