Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Pixma Pro-100 printing very dark

Without knowing a thing about you, I will guess this is where to start looking, ""Canon IJ Color Printer Profile 2005""

You can not set this and forget it.  It has to be the profile right for the paper you are printing.  Every paper has its own profile.  You must know which to use.

Remember the Pro-100 is never going to make great, very, black looking blacks. It can't.  It is not a true B&W printer.  Now you can get it to look very good if you use the right paper and profile.  Red River can help you with that selection.  Call them.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
New Contributor

What is the best dsiplay profile for a macbook pro with retina disply to have the most accurate color display for stationery printing in illustrator?  I just got the Canon Pro-100 because it was recommended as the best home printer for stationery and my coloring is WAY off.... Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Do your monitor colors look correct?

Download the test image from this site and see how it looks on the monitor.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Open the file in Photos and print it without making any adjustments. How does the print look?

You are on a Mac. When you go to Printers and Scanners does the Pro-100 say Bonjour?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm having serious issues with my print settings, and the steps below do not make sense to me. I've spent weeks trying to tweak different settings, and am at my wits (and ready to return this big thing!).

Where does the Canon My Printer box come from? I am on a Mac, and this option is not avilable in the Printer Settings within the System Preferences box. Other downside of a Mac is I cannot install any CD's that may have come with the orignal packaging. I've downloaded multple drives from Canon's website without prevail. 

In PS > Edit > Assign Profile, Adobe RGB is not available. 

My screen always stays on the 40% - 50% brightness, so firmly believe that is not the issue. 

Right now, all colors are printing very muted without much detail. 100% black is printing a dark grey. Colors have only appeared vibrant / printed corrently when printing on the high gloss Canon paper - which is great - but not the correct paper needed for my custom card projects (thicker stock).

Any insight helps! 

New Contributor

Any idea how to implement this on a Mac???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

First, download the folllowing t test image and print it on Canon paper using the proper paper settings. Don't make any adjustments to the image regardless of how the image looks on the screen. Let me know how the print looks.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

You said you downloaded the lastest driver, correct?

In System Preferences->Printers and Scanners do you see an installed IJ series printer or a Bonjour printer for the Pro-100?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

VIP

"Any idea how to implement this on a Mac?"

I don't have any idea how to do it on a Mac so please follow John's instructions.  I am on Windows.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
New Contributor

Hi Ebiggs, 

So I am a new pixma pro user, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I want to turn off the controls my printer has, but I don't even know how to access the Canon My Printer. Can you help?! 

Thanks so much, 

Len

Esteemed Contributor

Len1010 - do you have PC or Mac.

If you have a Mac there is no Canon My Printer app.

If yoiu have a PC you can find My Printer in the Canon Utilities folder.

If you don't see it download from here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

ohh. I have a mac. So I think I need to go back and read through these responses to figure out how to turn the controls off on the printer