cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 : Unable to print 13x19" from Apple Macbook Pro

emailsucks98
Apprentice

I've got the latest drivers and firmware.

Primarily attempting to print from Apple Aperture; A3 and A3 borderless work fine, but neither use the available space on my 13x19" paper.

Any custom settings for 13x19" result in either A) 3x5 print on 13x19 paper, or B) out of paper alert (1006?).

I also tried printing from adobe photoshop elements 6; there was a "super B" paper size here, but again the prints either printed borderless 13x19" but with poor random cropping, or I got the no paper error, depending on settings. Same results when printing from Apple Preview.

So far the largest print size I've gotten successfully is 11.6x16.6" using A3 borderless.

How can I get a 13x19" print or largest size? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks for this suggestion, which helped me solve a similar issue, but with a Mac on macOS 11.12.5, with a new iX6820.  Selected the Bonjour driver and was never able to do borderless A3+, though I knew the printer supported it, per the specs.  Choosing the "Canon IJ Network" item rather than "Bonjour" results in loading a much more fully featured driver.  To see what you have loaded, click on the Printer in Printers & Scanners, then click on Options & Supplies, it shoudl show the driver version.  Mine is 16.10.0.0, which is the CUPS driver I downloaded from their site.  Before, it would show 2.0.0 or similar if I had the less featured driver.

RWILKIN1
Apprentice

A quick workaround that I've found for printing on 13x19 (Super B) from the Pixma Pro-100 was to load the paper into the rear tray, one sheet at a time (if not, it will grab the whole stack).13x19 fits into the top paper tray fine, but the printer sems to not recognize it, as it gives a "load paper" error. 

Frustrating process, as I must pull this huge printer away from the wall to do this. Canon, what's up? The Canon expert's solution in this thread didn't fix this issue (for mac, at least). Any other suggestions?

Canon's terminology is that the paper loading position at rear of printer is Manual Feed. Position on top of printer is Rear Tray. I know, it's confusing. 

What paper are you using?  Heavier papers need to go in Manual Feed. It is possible to print lighter weight A3+ paper from the Rear Tray

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Right. The Bonjour driver is a very limited driver.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I did some more experimenting and it's not so much Bonjour, which is the type of network connection, but what happens after that.  If you click on Bonjour, it defaults to "Use : AirPrint" which is the real problem.  If you change it from this to "Use : Canon iX6800 Series" this selects the full featured driver.  So, if you click on the printer in Printers & Scanners and see "Kind : Canon iX6800 series-AirPrint" you don't want that driver, you'll want it to say "Kind : Canon iX6800 series."

Announcements