cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Printer

PeterD
Contributor

Can any one please advise if they have had difficulty getting colour cast free B&W prints from the Pro-100 when printing an image file that has been converted to B&W using Photoshop CS5 even when using Canon paper (Paper Plus Glossy II) and the correct profile.

I even have tried printing the image after Gray Scale conversion in Photoshop (output for printing as an sRGB image) which removes all colour information from the file and I still got a sepia toned print.

Even with colour prints I noticed that at default settings the prints were slightly warmer than they should have been in the white areas of the image.

I have tried printing with Photoshop managing the colours and the printer colour management turned off and with the printer managing the colours with the B&w box ticked both from Photoshop and using the Canon Studio Print Pro software supplied with the machine.

One reviewer on Amazon states that he found it impossible to get a tone free B&W image even after trying all the tweaks to the machine that a Canon tech of ten years experience could suggest.

I realize that it is possible to mostly correct for the colour cast using the colour management sliders in the printer driver but that of course negates the objective of printing using the correct profiles and the settings may have to be changed for every paper type.

19 REPLIES 19

Check to see if you are double-profiling. Color correction needs to be turned off in either the print driver or your software.

when I print I go through cs6 use photoshop to manage, choose ICC profile for paper, go into setup of canon printer software and click on none for ICC profile is that correct? I been doing it that way.

Sounds right. Try it the other way. Let the printer manage colors.

I did that also and it was aweful, i found removing the hue that PS still detects even though its not visible to the eye helped a great deal .

How are your color prints? What paper are you using?

I use Ilford papers, few canon papers. Color Prints are awesome!

If color prints are awesome, it does not sound like a color management problem, but a B&W printing workflow problem. I have not tried my Ilford papers to print B&W. Other than double checking if the "print B&W image" check box is UNCHECKED I have no other ideas. Try printing a color image as a B&W with the box checked, and let the driver do the conversion. That worked well for me.

Where is the B&W Print checkbox? I haven't found that yet.

There is a setting in the printer profile for "Black and White Photo Print" which is marked OFF.

This is the setting

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlV7cqqladQ&feature=youtu.be

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements