cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 stops printing in middle of an image.

NMGal
Contributor

Pixma Pro-10 stops printing in middle of an image.  It is wireless, using OS Windows 7 - 64 bit.  It doesn't do it all the time but the larger images (13x19) have more problems. I am using LightRoom 5 and Canon Print Studio Pro to print the image. Very frustraing especially when it gets to 1 inch of finishing an image and decides it done. 😞  Thank you for your assistance.

18 REPLIES 18

Possibility. Not sure I am understanding your train of thought? Would this restart the print job where it left off?

No, but it would tell if a smaller print can print on the 13x19 paper. Do letter size prints work OK. What are your margins and cell size set at?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The image I was trying to print on the 13x19 paper today was 12.5" W x 8.5" L. Smaller images on 8.5x11" paper do not seem to have the same problem.

Is it just one particular image or all on 13x19 paper?

Have you tried printing directly from Lightroom?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Smaller images on 8.5x11" paper do not seem to have the same problem."

I doubt this is a wireless problem but you must hook up the USB connection for now just to make sure.  Do not switch programs right now.   No need to further complicate things.  We need to make it simpler not harder.

I am going to bet you have a set-up setting in LR wrong.  You need to check everything again even though you already have.

Some papers will not print to the edge, period.  Make sure you have the correct profile, too.

Get the USB going and try it again, first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have just had exactly the same problem. Moving to a wired ethernet connection seems to have sorted it (so far).

Mpell
Enthusiast

Typically, signal strength or a firewall on the PC causes print jobs to stop in the middle. If you hold the resume button for 6 flashes and release it should print out a page with your wireless information (including signal strength). Even though it's right next to the router, I would still double check to be sure. Sometimes the printer can be in a tricky spot, or, it could even be the power source your are connected to. If it's connected to a power strip, try connecting it directly into the wall to see if that makes a difference. You can try power cycling the router for good measure. Sometimes a good reset can do wonders. Other than that, I would look into the antivirus software on your computer. Try disabling it and printing again, and see if that makes a difference.

*Checking the power source for the printer, specifically.

centralmeridian
Apprentice

I had the same issue - sending a 13x19 print from Lightroom, got all stalled up and choked anywhere between 5-50% of the job. 

Router was close, generally don't have issues with wireless otherwise. 

I wound up just USB-ing the connection, works fine now. Something about the WiFi between the Mac OS and the Canon and the cable company router must not align perfectly. Who knows, the machine prints too well for me to stress about it too much.

Announcements