cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 1 capabilities

oddlyuneven
Apprentice

I am interested in purchasing a Pixma Pro 1. My goal is to achieve photo quality prints on wood veneer. The veneer has paper backing and is a thicker material...my guess is similiar to cardstock. Is there anyway i can send a sample of this veneer to Canon and have them print an image on it using the Pixma pro 1 prior to purchase? I want to be positive that i am purchasing the right printer.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi graeme51,

Although those papers are not supported, the PIXMA PRO-1 should have no issues printing on them.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Unfortunately, we can only advise that standard plain paper and inkjet photo papers are used with the printer. 

Please also check the specifications for the veneer paper that you wish to use.  Here are the supported paper weights that can be used with the rear and manual feed trays for the printer as listed in the documentation for the unit:

Rear Tray:

From 17 lb / 64 g/m2 to 28 lb / 105 g/m2 (plain paper except for Canon genuine paper)

Do not use heavier or lighter paper (except for Canon genuine paper), as it could jam in the printer.

However, you can use non-Canon genuine specialty paper that is up to 53 lb / 200 g/m2.

Manual Feed Tray:

From 4 mil / 0.1 mm to 23.6 mil / 0.6 mm (up to 93 lb / 350 g/m2)

Do not use paper thicker or heavier than this, as it could jam in the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael

Given the PRO 1 is happy with papers < 150gsm, do you think there would be any issues printing on transparent vinyl or waterslide decal paper?

Cheers, Graeme

Hi graeme51,

Although those papers are not supported, the PIXMA PRO-1 should have no issues printing on them.

Thank you Patrick, it is appreciated!

Announcements