cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 100, color appears not to be managed

canon1127
Contributor

Hello, I'm using a Pixma 100 with Photoshop on macOS Sierra.

I have selected "let Photoshop manage colors." and I selected the Canon color profile for Luster paper (Luster 1/2). However, the printed colors look so different from my screen preview (the one Photoshop says should match print colors) that I have a feeling that color management is just broken somewhere.

The differences are that blues, violets, and magenta are washed out or low contrast, and images often look excessively green.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you are on a Mac there are some things to check.

Go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and make sure that you see Canon Pro-100 and that "Kind" says Canon Pro-100 series. You do not want to see AirPrint or Bonjour.

If not, delete the printer, click "+" and wait for IJ Series to appear; it could take several minutes.

You want the settings to look like this:

Photoshop_Print_Settings_and_©_Kirkjufell_jpg___66_7___RGB_8_.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 9.27.39 AM.png

You could also install and print from Canon Print Studio Pro. It makes sure all the right "switches" are set.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you are on a Mac there are some things to check.

Go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and make sure that you see Canon Pro-100 and that "Kind" says Canon Pro-100 series. You do not want to see AirPrint or Bonjour.

If not, delete the printer, click "+" and wait for IJ Series to appear; it could take several minutes.

You want the settings to look like this:

Photoshop_Print_Settings_and_©_Kirkjufell_jpg___66_7___RGB_8_.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 9.27.39 AM.png

You could also install and print from Canon Print Studio Pro. It makes sure all the right "switches" are set.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The problem was that I was connected via AirPrint. Works great now.

Announcements