cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 100 Brightness and contrast values

srresquire
Apprentice

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance here. I had a pro 9000 for years and finally had to give it up ...when printing with it what I saw on my screen very closely resembled what I got out of the printer. I now own the Pixma pro 100 unit, and I am very excited and pleased to be able to own such a sophisticated device. I now notice that when I print images what I get out of the printer is much darker than what I am seeing on the screen. I used both the print pro application as well as the image garden application with the same results. I then printed out the range of photos on the correction section of printer pro and discovered I need to input a correction factor of +30 brightness +10 contrast to achieve a good print. What I am wondering is why did it work with the old printer, but now I have to put in the correction? I used a Huey screen calibration device, and have tried to set the printer profile to use the profile associated with the Huey device , and I have found no change in my output. I am using a windows 8.1 system, and I am thinking that I must not have some kind of profiling set up correctly. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue, and maybe someone can guide me through selecting the appropriate monitor and printer profiles to ensure constant output. Now that I have "dialed in" the corrections the prints are fine but I am thinking I shouldn't have to do this and that I have something set up incorrectly in the software....From what I read it seems like I might be "double profiling" but there are so many places in both the windows and Canon software I am afraid I may have missed a setting somewhere.. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... I have "dialed in" the corrections the prints are fine ..."

This is where I would leave it and move on.  You will only frustrate yourself and spend a lot of time and money and do no better.

Yes, I bet everybody has experienced the same things you are.  I really have my doubts that any the "devices" sold to make your prints better actually work.  The bottom line is, brightness, contrast and grey-scale.  Get these three right and you are about as good as it gets.  And you don't need any add-ons to accomplish this.

I am on my third Canon Pixma Pro and all three of them are different.  All three of them, a 9000, a 9500 II and now the Pro-100 are fantastic printers.  Now that you have yours working, be thankful and go make some great prints.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks. I think you may be right.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements