Canon Community Canon Community

44f
Occasional Contributor

Photoshop is crashing when printing to a Pixma Pro 100 "memory insufficient"

Hi,

We are having real trouble printing at the moment thanks to this issue. It has only become prevalent in the last few days. We are running a Mac (have used both an iMac and Macbook) to a Pro 100 and 100s. It is affecting both bordered and borderless prints.

We have tried fresh installs of Photoshop.

Fresh installs of Print Studio Pro.

Fresh installs of the drivers.

Nothing seems to be working.

Can anyone help us troubleshoot this?

Product Expert

Re: Photoshop is crashing when printing to a Pixma Pro 100 "memory insufficient"

Hi 44f,

Do you get the same effect when printing from another program, like Easy-PhotoPrint?

I look forward to your reply.

44f
Occasional Contributor

Re: Photoshop is crashing when printing to a Pixma Pro 100 "memory insufficient"

Good call, we'll have a try of that.

44f
Occasional Contributor

The software you mentioned won't print PSDs. We could convert the image but I'm not sure that would provide a like for like comparison.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried printing directly from Photoshop to ascertain that its not a Photoshop problem - i.e.not enough computer memory?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
44f
Occasional Contributor

It's stopped manifesting, so we'll say that this is resolved for the time being. I'll come back if it happens again though.

A further issue has now manifested but I'll do a new thread for that.