cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper shifting on exit

bobsright
Contributor

Pro 100. Paper shifts on exit from the machine ruing the last several inches of the print. Also a noise change at the same time as the paper shift.. Anyone have any ideas? Printing documents is fine. Printing on plain or matte paper is fine. Only when I print photos on Kodak Basic Glossy Paper.. Package says compatible with Canon printers. It's the only photo paper I have.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. what media type are you selecting when you print?

2. are you printing from rear tray or manual feed?

3. have you tried roller cleaning?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

bobsright
Contributor
I have to experiment more with media selection. Not sure if that's the issue but it predominantly happens with the first print. The machine is used sparingly (maybe 6 times a year) so don't think rollers need cleaning but maybe. Am printing from the rear tray. Don't print anything larger than 8x10. Will do more with it in the next few days. Was curious if this was experienced by anyone else and was a common issue with a solution or was something I'm doing. Will post again in a couple of days and let you know how I made out. How do you clean the rollers?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
In the driver there is a Maintenance tab with roller cleaning.

I print 8x10 and LTR from the rear tray and haven't had this problem.

Other Glossy Paper should be a good choice for media.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

bobsright
Contributor
Will try both of those. Thanks

surfsean24
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with 8.5"x11" paper when I do various size prints on it, but not on 13"x19" (though I haven't tried this in a while).  I am using the Canon pro luster paper in both instances  I have only used the rear tray.  Did you get any resolution with this?

bobsright
Contributor
As soon as I changed profile to Other Semi Gloss the problem stopped

pdunn13445
Apprentice

This only happens when using 13' x19" paper. Paper is standard weight glossy. Print set at A+ 13x19. Prints well until about last inch or two, then a grinding sound (coming from right?) as paper shifts to left about one-quarter inch. .Driver is current. Running Win10. Odd thing is about 1" of very bottom vertical edges (portrait setting) are crimped/folded up slightly, obviously pushed by somehting. This only happens with this size paper, others no problem. Appreciate any clues you might have.

You'll have to play with paper type setting especially if using non Canon paper. The printer is thinking you're using a thicker paper and not gripping it tight enough, especially as more of the paper is past the rollers and is being pushed rather than pulled.

Thank you, thank you!!! Your suggestion makes all the sense in the world. Having burned up enough ink and paper for one day will play further as this is not Canon paper and suspect we will try for something thinner tomorrow. Again, thanks! Mark

Announcements