cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO 1000 - Practical to locate in another room?

DDA40X
Contributor

I just received a PRO 1000 and I have not set it up yet. I'm wondering how practical it would be to locate it in a room in my house other than where my computer is.

Reasons for considering a remote location:

1) Physical space limitations

2) Concern about noise the printer makes while printing

Since I don't yet know how much physical interaction the printer requires from me (other than loading paper), I was hoping someone here could offer suggestions as to whether locating it in another room is practical.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

It should be fine.  It takes a few moments while the computer transmits the file to the printer before the printer does anything.

My printer is in the same room... but on the far side (not near the computer).  When I want to print, I just load a sheet of photo paper... then queue the computer to send to print.

If it hasn’t printed in a while, it cleans the heads... but even if the heads are clean it still takes maybe 15 seconds (wild guess... I never timed it) before it starts printing. 

Inkjets are not very noisy ... so I don’t think you’ll need to worry about that.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you, Tim.

I've heard that using an Ethernet cable is preferable to using wireless. Do you have any comment on that?

Announcements