cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 test page is printing dull or nothing on nearly ALL colors

crumbnumber1
Apprentice

My PRO-100 was printing perfect 13x19" posters when I first got it two years ago. Lately I've mostly just printed black and white documents which come out fine, but now going back to printing art prints and photos, they look terrible. I printed a test page, and sure enough, nothing is coming out right. It seems completely dead, but if this is something that can be solved, I'd appreciate any help! Scan of the page:

scan2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try a deep cleaning? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

I just ran the deep cleaning 3 times with absolutely no difference in test patterns between 😕

Hi crumbnumber1. 

There are are instructions you can Google online for cleaning the print head. I’ve never done it and I know Canon doesn’t recommend it, it seems like you have nothing to lose by trying it. 

Before you you do that download the test image from the following site and print it. 

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

crumbnumber1,

If you continue to have difficulties after cleanings have been performed, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements