cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 margin print problem

yooper10
Apprentice

Did a PRO-100 driver update recently (11.7.1.0) on my MacBook Air 10.9.5, and the right-side printing gets cut off when print articles on regular "letter paper". Not sure how this can be corrected? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would need waymore info, like what are you printing and with what software and any other "additions" you may have installed before or after?  Did it do this OK before?

But it is likely a margin set wrong in some software and not likely the printer.  Printers almost always do what they are told to do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1, thanks for a reply and i will tell you what i know.

1. am not real computer literate, so i probably don't know some basic things....

2. This Mac was purchased about 5 wks. ago and all i have done besides the canon printer update is update Firefox (this is the browser i use), Adobe flash p. and reader, downloaded Libre Office and Carbon Copy Cloner.

3.examples of what I print would be paragraphs in a discussion on a camera review site, or a recipe off a food website, etc., or an email i got.

4. Since writing about my problem i experimented by clicking View on the top Firefox bar and zooming out 2X (the print size has been TOO large, also) and i also checked the box on the print screen, "Ignore scaling and shrink to fit page width"... doing these 2 things seem to solve my problem, but if you have other insights i always like to learn.

Thanks again!

As long as you got it to working, OK.  But I was thinking it was most likely a setting you have wrong.

One thing though, the Pro-100 is not the best printer for what you are trying to print.  It is a dedicated photo printer.  Now it will certainly print other stuff but not as easily or effectively.

I might suggest you get a cheap all-purpose printer for than and save the Pro-100 for photos.  The savings in ink alone would pay for one.  My thoughts.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements