cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II

ChrisMohrSr
Contributor

I have a PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Canon printer.

I get ten flashes of the orange light.

The manual says that means the front tray is not properly adjusted.  I have set and reset the front tray numerous times and I know it is properly set.  BUT, I still get ten flashes of the orange light.

What can I do to correct this problem besides sending my printer in for repair.  I am 85 years old and live mostly on Social Security so I cannot afford a huge repair bill.  Besides, with a rebate I can get the Pro 100 for ninety-eight dollars.  It's just that the Pro9000 Mark II is a great printer and I hate the thought of junking it.

Any helpful advice on how to correct my problem without sending my printer in for repair will be forever appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Glad everything finally worked. I updated from a Pro9000 to the PRO-100. Great deal and fantastic printer. There are some great YouTube videos to help with printer. Search for jtoolman.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are absolutely sure that the front tray is adjusted properly try unplugging the printer for about 10 minutes and then plug back it. This might reset things.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for your reply. 

I tried unplugging.  I tried disconnecting from the computer.  I tried everything I could think of.

To avoid further hassle and expense I took the rebate deal on the PIXMA Pro-100.   I installed my new PIXMA Pro-100 and that's when another problem started.  All my Shortcut icons and all my Start Menu Icons went blank and became useless.  After finding a way to now bring up my email, I discovered that I could receive emails, but I could not send emails.  If I tried to send an email I would be told that the program had to close.  When I tried both IE and Google Chrome to bring up a website I would get the page of websites, but when I tried to bring one up I would get a blank page.  My first thought was System Restore, but I wasn't allowed to get at that either.

Finally, for whatever stupid reason I was allowed to get at System Restore and I was able to go back to before my trouble started.  EUREKA!  I got everything back.  I installed my printer again, which worked beautifully, and everything disappeared again.  I sent an email to Canon, which was answered nicely, but with useless information.  I decided to call Canon, but thought I would redo the System Restore to get my icons back and then try to install my printer one more time.  This time it seems to have worked.  Nothing was changed as far as I know, so it shouldn't have worked. Go figure.

Glad everything finally worked. I updated from a Pro9000 to the PRO-100. Great deal and fantastic printer. There are some great YouTube videos to help with printer. Search for jtoolman.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements