cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO COLOURS ALL WRONG

lind
Apprentice

Can anyone help. I cannot get my Pixma Pro 100 to print colours properly. For instance CMYK yellow comes out peach. CMYK red comes out orange. I know it isn't an issue with needing to calibrate or simply monitor colour issues because if I print the same document via our HP printer the colours come out correctly. I did a check to see if it needed a clean and the test sheet was fine. I am a wedding Stationer and I have orders to complete. This is driving me nuts. I would really appreciate some help! Thanks in anticipation 😊

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you post a screen shot of the settings page in your application?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Hi , I work mostly in illustrator and have tried a variety of colour settings including the usual adobe RGB (1998) and SRGB. I have tried setting the profile to RGB and then to CMYK. I have checked that the printer and document have matching settings. Nothing helps...sorry to go on! Anyway this is a screenshot of my latest settings: I know it says my applications are not synchronised, but I rarely transfer from one adobe application to another as I mostly work in Illustrator, so I don't think this should be relevant?  Gosh I hope you can help!

Thank you

Lindsey

screen shot 2.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi Lindsey. I don't know Illustrator and do know there have been several threads here about folks having problems when printing from Illustrator.

Maybe this will help.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-Pro-100-printing-very-dark/td-p/...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

lind
Apprentice
Thank you John, I will have a read through it and see if it sheds any light on my problem. Thank you
Lindsey

josejulioh
Apprentice

There are many many things you must take into consideration.

1. This is a photo printer you cannot compare it with a regular office printer. It requires a considerable amount of technicalities. 

2. Being a Photo Printer you must:

a. Immediately after turning it on for the first time do a nossle check, print alingment, and print you first target to compare         every six months

b. Calibrate your monitor, and use proper settings for the software utilized to print your photos

c. Install all ICC profiles and choose the apropriate one that belongs to the medium utilized for the specific print, each             paper has a profile, fail to choose the right profile for the paper being used and your colors will be horribly wrong

3. Never allow the printer to manage colors, choose an ICC profile for the paper being used!!!!

4. Canon and Epson printers are amazing marvels of technology if something its wrong 90% of the time is user error, 7% is the software being used to edit the photo, and the other 3% is the printer fault due to lack of maintenance or maybe batch issues

5. I suggest you make a good cup of coffee (or tea if you're british) and read your manual. There are tons of youtube videos that can guide you in the right direction. 

6. Read the following books; The Digital Negative, The Digital Print both by Jeff Schewe

Now go and eat those books, gain knowledge nd become proficient in photo printer, you can do it, it only takes time and attention to detail!

lind
Apprentice
Thank you for that! Yes I'm a Brit..definitely tea for me. I sorted out the colour problem. I hadn't disabled the printer's control of the colours. It's all fine now. Thank you 😊
Announcements