cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-10 INSTALLATION ISSUES FOR MAC

dom0wnz
Apprentice

Hello guys,

So I just received this printer yesterday and am having a lot of difficulty setting it up.  I have a Aple Macbook Air that doesn't have a CD rom drive built in.  I went on the cannon website to download the drivers/software:

(https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...)

and after it downloads I have no idea what to do next.  I've downloaded the driver numerous times and every software item that's on that list.  As soon as it finishes installing nothing happens.  I went into my system preferences to try to locate the printer and it's not showing up.  

Completely lost and Cannon tech support  for printers isnt available.  Someone please help.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need to add the printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners.

Click the "+" sysmbol and wait for the Canon Pro-10 series printer to appear; it could take a few minutes. Don't select the Bonjour version or the AirPrint version which will appear first.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, I actually just got it to work right before you replied.

Much appreciated

Thats good. Just double check that you don't have the Bonjour or AirPrint versions. They will work but you won't get all the controls of the Canon driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements